Thursday, December 9, 2010

Well, they used to be cute.....

We have 8-10 inches of snow on the level already. The weather guys have been predicting that we would have a big snow year for a couple of months now, and it's not that I didn't believe them but I thought winter would start a little slower than what it did. It began snowing on the evening of November 16th and just hasn't quit.

These are some pumpkins from our friend's garden with just a dusting of snow.....before the "big blow". They were so cute clumped together on our porch....heralding in the Fall. But now they are all stuck together in a solid lump of orangey, white ice, looking kind of strange and sad. I hope I can pry them off the porch before spring or they will be a mass of gooey, limp pumpkin wanna-bees.

It's pouring down snow right now (I still say "pouring" down snow. I'm sure there's a more better way of saying "it's snowing like crazy", but, dang it, I'm from Texas......I don't know any better). And though it's already been snowing for about a month, it's still beautiful. I wonder if I'm going to think this same way in about 2 months when it's still "pouring" down snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment