Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh where, oh where can he be?





















My mountain boy husband is up there. Right now. He is up on the mountain in the clinic taking care of sick and hurt people. (He is picking up 2 extra shifts at the ski clinic while home from his regular job in AK.) He has a stethoscope around his neck and a white coat pulled over his rag wool sweater and his blue jeans. If I squint my eyes I can see him waving to me.
He'll be home in about 3 hours then our family will have supper, share some home made eggnog and watch "Hoosiers" for the 153th time (it's not a Christmas movie but we are a BIG sports family so it's kinda like watching "White Christmas" but with sweaty high school boys playing basketball. Well, OK. It's not like "White Christmas" at all. But the kids like it and it is Christmas). Then we will turn off the lights, tuck the kids into bed and snuggle down for a long winters nap. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment