Monday, February 22, 2010

Sick kid.....poor baby boy


My youngest is sick today and home from school. He coughed A LOT last night and began running a low grade fever this morning. So we are home together. I secretly kind of love it when one of the kids are home with me. I don't want them to be sick but I don't get many opportunities to spend one-on-one time with them so I try to make it at least a little fun. Though not too much fun since the idea is to get better and go back to school. It's a tenuous balance between being babied and bored. Right now he is propped up on the couch eating homemade tomato soup laced with dried herbs and winter stored veggies from our garden: oregano, parsley, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions and tomatoes (I guess I didn't have to say tomatoes again. I guess you can't have tomato soup without tomatoes. I'm funny like that.). Later he'll get to be the first to try a pan of freshly baked brownies....to make sure they aren't poisonous. Then he'll help me fold some clothes and we'll watch the cooking channel together. Maybe piles and piles of folded socks and a strong dose of Paula Dean will help him recover and he'll be ready to go back to school tomorrow.
If his cough is better.
And if the brownies weren't that good.
And if he's not been too babied today.
And if I'm ready to let him go back. Because I really don't want him to be sick. But if he is then I can baby him a little more. Did I just say "baby him"? I meant bore him a little more. I'm a mean momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment