Monday, February 22, 2010

Brownies

As you can see by the comment section from my last post, there were 100's if not 1000's of requests for the brownie recipe....NOT! So I thought I'd get a jump on the future requests by including the recipe here. Let me make it known that I am not the best cook or baker. But I'm a pretty good eater as testified by my chubbiness


I collected this recipe from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram newspaper in 1997. I've made them many, many times and the kids love them. Of course they are biased because I won't let them have any other brownie known to man so they will always think mine are the best.

Here is the recipe in all it's delicious glory. (I will not be held responsible for the fanny damage due to eating the whole pan while still warm. I've enough fanny damage of my own, thank you. )



Lunch- Box Brownies

1/4 cup butter

3/4 cup shortening

3/4 cup cocoa

2 cups sugar

4 eggs, beaten

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup chopped nuts (optional.....I don't usually use these as they are kind of expensive)



Melt butter and shortening in large saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa. Remove from heat and add sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix well.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to chocolate mixture (I just add these one at a time to the above mix and haven't had any problems). Add nuts and mix well. Spread in greased 9-by-13 by-2-inch pan. Bake 30-35 minutes and 350. Cool in pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar (I can't ever get to the sprinkling part. Somebody usually cuts into the pan before I can do any sprinkling!).Cut into squares.
Remember I'm not responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment