Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'll right. I'll admit it....

I can't keep up.
It's the height of harvest season, there are TONS of things going on here at the farm, and I can't seem to get to the computer to chatter about any of it!

Plus I recently hurt my back.
The hurt back is nothing new. Being a tall person (5'11" on a good day) and a long time ER nurse (who preaches more on back safety than she has practiced) has put my lower back at risk for muscle injury. And so it goes.....when I really need to be at my peak so I can pick mountains of green beans (that my good friend has offered from her garden since mine froze out a couple of weeks ago) or grate leg-long zucchini (which another good friend has offered since mine froze out a couple of weeks ago) or begin canning 3 sinks full of juice-running-down-your-arm-ripe tomatoes, I have to "take it easy" and "don't stress until your back feels better". Plus the kids went back to school and I have no one to boss around, I mean to help me get the harvest in.
Dang it!
Hopefully I'll only have to "rest" until the week end. I have too much to do!

So I've resigned myself to just post pictures of the farm "goings-on" (is that a word?) with small amounts of commentary as I can get to them. Then as Fall comes full on, and the rabid food preservation for the winter has slowed, and my back it completely better (this time) I'll be able to actually share what has been happening. It'll be mostly retro but maybe nobody will notice?

Gotta go for now.....
Gotta lay on that dang hot pad. My back hurts.....

1 comment:

  1. I hope you start feeling better, sorry about your back! Love you!

    ReplyDelete