Monday, February 7, 2011






It's hard to see, but that's not fog. It's snow in the air.

It's snowing like crazy. Not much wind yet. I guess it's still coming. The temperatures aren't too terrible either....... 25 degrees F. At least it's above zero. It seems like this storm is a little late in coming. As soon as the kids get off of school, we are going home to hunker down, stay inside, eat good food, read, listen to music.
I really love weather.


UPDATE 12:38 pm: Just on time the wind has begun to blow. I ran outside to close up the chicken coop and shovel some built up snow from the north foundation of the house. It's probably just my Southern misunderstanding about how winter works, but I don't want the snow packing up against the house too much or too tight. It seems that it could cause wetness and possible water problems with the foundation in the spring when everything begins to melt. So I ran out to do a little "preventative maintenance". (Those who have always lived where it snows a lot will probably make fun of me. So don't tell anyone.) All I know is that it's dang cold out there. It makes me very thankful for the warm house I live in. Can't wait for my chicks to get home!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I am jealous! We still have a few patches of snow/ice here & there, but for the most part the 30+degree weather has melted it away. Today, it is about 40 degrees & sunny (Hunter says he's hot today, poor guy haha) We are expecting another "winter storm" Tuesday night so I will keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with snow around our patio otherwise it does start to leak into the basement when it melts. Stay warm and good luck with all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good. So I'm not neurotic. Sometimes I wonder!

    Thanks....you too!.

    ReplyDelete