Saturday, April 4, 2015

It's early and the house is quiet. We have a big day of outside work planned: preparing the pig palace, cleaning up the yard around the house, cleaning out the chicken coop. Well, maybe not the chicken coop. We really have to get the pig palace ready for the piglets. They won't be arriving for another 2 weeks but I'll feel better knowing that we are ready. It's homemade biscuits and pork sausage gravy for breakfast. A perfect meal for fueling hungry boys.
The weather guys are calling for 40% chance rain. (Which translates to 60% no rain, I hope. We have a lot to do!) The sun will be up soon and will dry out the earth and beckon us out into the warmth.

But for now I'm letting the worker bees sleep. It's chilly and damp and dark outside; perfect for snuggling into pillows and burrowing under covers. They'll be up soon enough.
I'd better get on those biscuits.
As soon as I have another cup of coffee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment