Thursday, March 12, 2015

Geraniums.......aaahhhh



I love geraniums. Especially red ones. They just scream summer. 


These I've had for a long time. I think I bought the original "mother plant" back in 2012. And each year just before first first hard frost, I dig them out of their summer home and bring them in the house.


They live happily on this south facing window sill for all the winter months.


Then in March, I take cuttings of some of the branches and root them in water.


















By May the new cuttings have put out enough roots to go into the soil and become mother plants themselves; a self perpetuating action.
                                                                                                       
 

I love geraniums.






They're so Tuscan.

Maybe we live in the Tuscan part of Montana. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment